See the FAQ for more information about the game, or click the button above to start your adventure now!
Welcome to Adventure!
Avendar is a 100% free, multi-user fantasy RPG experience. As you represent a character progressing from a youthful adventurer to a world power, you can explore the second-to-none original fantasy world setting, advance in the intricate class system, experience intense player vs. player action, and forge friendships and rivalries that will become legend!
Avendar has been open for play since 1998, with ongoing developments and improvements that make it distinct from any other RPG. We have a small but dedicated community and staff, and we welcome you to join us and begin your adventure today.
Avendar is available to be played with any Telnet or MUD client at avendar.net:9999!
- Currently in Avendar: There is 1 character (level 19) adventuring now.
- Most recent advancement: Suggy has reached level 19 in his guild.
- Most recent death: Jacif has died recently.
- A recent rumor: Have you heard of Kailaldan? Fresh out of School and joined the water templar guild.
11 September 2017
- Chaja race lore and descriptions have been significantly altered, allowing the following changes: Chaja may now create as rangers, create as good-aligned, have their own spoken language, create in Kor Thrandir, and have had their texts and mobs edited.
- Ethron may now create as bandits.
- The Wanderer Leaderboards have been removed.
- The Wanderer faction and stronghold have been completely overhauled.
- Detect magic now properly describes nature magic as druidic magic.
- Sleeved daggers are now visible to the characters concealing them.
- The Chaigidonian warrior has had its fight logic rewritten.
- The Hand of Gogoth no longer confers an hp penalty.
- A new text on the history of Caal has replaced the prior one.
- Various typo corrections and prog adjustments.
6 September 2017
- Changed the way momentum is used in melee damage calculation, resolving numerous issues.
- Durability no longer grants additional damage reduction for high str/con races.
- Mire of Oame's cold resistance is no longer outrageously high.
- The Martyr's Requiem is now a vocal song instead of strings.
- Assorted prog fixes.
- Some minor expansions to the Champions' library.
- Assorted web server problems have been fixed; it should no longer be necessary to use an IP address to connect to the game and lag issues should be corrected.